ELECTRICAL REPRESENTATIVES ORGANIZATION OF ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI
- CODE OF ETHICS -
The Electrical Representative Organization of St. Louis, a trade organization of independent sales representatives in the electrical industry, is organized to promote continued growth and perpetuation of its members through the strengthening of their sales, marketing, and management skills and to dramatize to the electrical industry, customers, and suppliers, the advantages to them of doing business through independent sales representatives.
To further these objectives and to bring them within practical reach of its members, the organization develops and maintains programs and activities designed to help them conduct their business in an ethical, efficient, and productive manner. To implement these worthy goals, members of the ERO voluntarily subscribe to a code of ethics which urges them to refrain from:
- Willfully inducing a principal to break its contractual relationships with another member representative,
- Willfully inducing an employee of another member representative to breach his employment with his employer,
- Suggesting or agreeing to divide commissions with customers or those representing other than the member representatives own principals,
- Slandering or libeling another member representative, or impugning his intentions, motives, or actions,
- Betraying the confidence of other member representatives or customers or principals,
- Interviewing for a line prior to the current member representative receiving notification of termination,
- Interviewing for a line prior to making a courtesy call to the existing member representative.